Welcome!

Thank you for taking your time to read my blog! I am so happy to share with the whole world my journey into making these awesome jewelry trees!

Don't forget to "like" me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebjewelrytreed
Follow me on Twitter: EB Jewelry Trees
AND see my store at: www.ebjewelrytrees.etsy.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ATUMN JEWELRY TREE

Sometimes, nature inspires me to think of great designs. Something about knowing that you get to experience Autumn, for example, a few months a year inspires me to create it physically in something I can  have all year round. This is how the following tree, one of my all time favorite designs happened:




Since Autumn is one of my favorite stations of the year, I get so happy when it comes around. I love getting dressed for the colder weather with my favorite colored scarves, going outside to look at the falling leaves, make a pile of leaves and then jump on them just to see them all fly away from me as I land on the pile. I love seeing nothing but orange, brown and yellow around me as I walk around the neighborhood.
Autumn was the inspiration behind this jewelry tree. I wanted to capture the look of a fall tree with this design. That is why I chose to add the little river rock stones on the top of the vase, I felt it would give it an earthy look. I added these awesome fall leaves to add to the look and then I painted the vase a beautiful chocolate brown vase(Get it? Hot chocolate in fall? Chocolate brown for the vase of an autumn jewelry tree? Hehe, it's ok if you don't). I then finished it off with a fall leave print on each wall of the vase and then topped the tree off with a couple of giant orange hanging jewels.
There you go, that is the story to that jewelry tree : ) Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment