Welcome!

Thank you for taking your time to read my blog! I am so happy to share with the whole world my journey into making these awesome jewelry trees!

Don't forget to "like" me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebjewelrytreed
Follow me on Twitter: EB Jewelry Trees
AND see my store at: www.ebjewelrytrees.etsy.com

Thursday, December 22, 2011

OCEAN/BEACH INSPIRED JEWELRY TREE

Hi everyone! It feels like I haven't been here in a while, although it's only been about a week. I have been very busy, thanks to all the holiday shoppers (thank you for all the shopping guys!). Although I have been very busy, I wanted to take a little breather and talk about one of the jewelry trees I made a while ago that actually sold last night (yay)!

This is one of my all time favorite trees, so I was a little sad to see it go, hahaha. I'm sure someone else will give it the love and attention i couldn't because I don't have enough jewelry to hang on every tree I happen to love. I created this jewelry tree thinking of great summer days at the beach and sand all over my toes as I walk the beach sides. I wanted this tree to remind you of that summer vacation in Hawaii (if you've gone there, if not, in whatever awesome beach you've gone to). I wanted it to bring you back to those awesome moments you had relaxing, sunbathing, enjoying everyone's company and just soaking up the sun!




I used a lot of elements of the sea. I started the tree off with some beautiful twisty branches to give it the look of corals or any underwater plant and painted them with turquoise paint. I then painted the vase a vintage white and sanded the corners just a bit so it looks old and distressed, sort of like if you found it laying around on the beach after a wave left it there. I added peach colored swirls to the vase and then sealed it with a special gloss to seal the beautiful handcrafted paint. I then put the tree together and topped off the vase with lots of little smooth pebbles and tiny seashells. I finished the jewelry tree off with hanging seashells and a very pretty starfish on the tree.

I had tons of fun making this jewelry tree and when finished, I wanted to keep it, although that would defeat the purpose of sharing my work with the rest of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment